Antique Anonymous / Unknown - Guitar No.138 / Natural / Guitar For Sale
Antique Anonimus Italy, +/- 1900?
Guitar no. 138
This beauty will only be shipped in a hard case and insurance is included!
It is the first time I have a guitar like this. A remarkable instrument of which the identity is not sure. According to a reaction off a collector it could be build by Paolo Guadagnini. Definitely not Geatano Guadagnini that was 100 years earlier. An unusual solution to compensate the thickness of the strings and to be able to intonate the guitar very well, the frats are put under an angle !! The ivory pins on the back could be a sine that it is build in sicily because the luthiers used nails to glue the back in the right position. The pins are maybe used for covering the little nail holes. The endpin should be of ivory too but this is partially missing yet. This guitar is well restored and the result is very good. The sound of this beauty with a body of only 6 to 6,5 cm height is very surprising. The chosen woods are old beautiful walnut, spruce, pear, ebony and rosewood. The mechanics are of an unusual size solid brass and ivory buttons. The bridge has an ivory saddle and ivory decorations and has a (moustache) size. On this guitar Bruunari polish is used. Buy this very well playable guitar which sounds not all that loud but very bright and with a great volume and sustain for a guitar this size. It is a really beautiful looking and very warm transparent sounding collectors item.
- Mensuur; (Scale) 64cm.
- Wood all solid: top; spruce, back and sides; nut, neck; round, pear, black stained, fretboard, rosewood,bridge pear?, inlays and bindings; ebony, ivory and mother of pearl.
- Nut and saddle ivoty.
- Fingerboard; 47 - 57 mm.
- Frets; brass ,19.
- Strings; D'Addario special ball end, normal tension
- Tuners; nickel and brass, original, restored, they work allright now.
- Distance; from the top of the 12 th fret to the bottom of the strings,3,5 mm
Price: €1495 or best offer
Bruunari Guitars Foundation, Netherlands
In october 2011 I will become 65 years but I refuse to retire.
All my knowledge, experience, materials, inventory, stock etc, etc, of "Artistic Lutheri Bruunari",will go into the New Bruunari Guitars Foundation.
I am greatfull to all off you, my worldwide customers, who had confidence in my work. I hope you and many new customers will support this new foundation.
What do I have to offer:
- I repair guitars that are damaged. If you have a guitar that needs repairing, feel free to contact me.
- I build new guitars from scratch. At the moment, I build classical guitars, flamenco guitars and gypsy guitars.
- I buy old guitars which need restoration, restore them, and sell them (see Collection).
My philosophy is:
The sound quality of a guitar is primarily determined by the wood from which it is constructed. Therefore, old (once high quality) guitars have a sound potential incomparable to newly build guitars. Not only because the wood is by definition older, but also because such instruments have been played on for 30 years or more.
For a new Bruunari guitar, the wood used is centuries old and carefully dried for at least 8 years or more. Guitars which I restore are vintage and I believe in maintaining their authenticity as much as possible (unless the client requests otherwise).
Please call me regarding ordering.