Gibson / Les Paul Custom, Black Beauty / 1968 / Guitar
Gibson Les Paul Custom (1968) black Beauty, Early, Rare and Excellent condition, Original case
For any help, expertise or assistance
Now in Stock: 1968 Gibson les Paul custom. All original.
1968 Gibson Les Paul Custom, serial # 526714, one of the early 1968 'Black Beauty'. Featuring Mahogany body, maple top, bound ebony fretboard, original gold hardware. Except for a refret this is a 100% untouched, all original 1968 in exceptionally fine condition, no cracks-breaks or repairs, excellent condition original finish, original pat. number pickups, original 1968 dating pots, original sprague caps, original gold hardware and tuners, original plastics and one of the cleanest I have come across over the years. Not that i see many of these, they are known to be quite rare.
There is some weather checking, some buckle-rash marks on the back of the body, a bit of surface wear, some wear to the gold parts and we noticed a original nail in the neck-rest of the original case made some scratches on the back of the neck,(we took the nail out to prevent further damage) but as you can see by the pictures, a very clean guitar for its age and with a rather wide 43.1mm Neck. Also it's relatively light compared to later LP custom and weighs in at 4.4kg. If you ever wanted one of these, this might be your chance to own a near perfect crack-free example in stunning condition. The 1968 custom is a unique guitar among the other vintage Les Paul Custom models, mostly exactly like the 1950 models but in contray to 1950's les Paul Custom models equipped with a Maple top. (1950s came with Mahogany top in general) It is my believe that the 1968 LP custom for that reason will sky-rocket in value as soon as the economy feels up to it. Comes with a good condition original hard case.
Condition & playability: Condition: Excellent, see above.
Perfectly set up to your liking by our shop..
Including: Original Case.
- Top Wood: Solid carved Maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Body Binding: cream
- Fingerboard Binding: Multiple
- Headstock Bindings: Multiple
- Fingerboard Inlay: Block
- Body-trim/inlay: Mutiple Black/white
- Bridge & Tailpiece : Original ABR1 and Stoptail
- Headstyle: Gibson
- Headstock Venneer: black
- Pickups: Patented
- Pots: date 1968
- Tuners: Original
- Body Size: Les Paul Custom
- Scale: 628mm (24.3/4")
- Nut Width: 43.1mm (1.11/16")
- weight: 4.4kg
Why Buy From us?
- First of all - It's fun to buy from us, we will help you intensively to make a perfect choice from our huge stock of quality guitars. Satisfaction guaranteed!
- Easy returns: 14 day return policy - no questions asked - money fully credited except for actual shipping costs.
- Lowest price guarantee: We guarantee the lowest price in the EC, if you see a lower price on any New instrument that is also in store with a competitor: We will beat it!
- All our listed guitars are actually in store! Mind you many competitors don't hold guitars in stock!
- Same Day Shipping: Most in store guitar will ship the same day if ordered before Noon!
- Quality set-up: Every guitar will be set-up by our shops very experienced experts.
- Customer service & Peace of mind: Our customer service is excellent and we attend to your questions immediately.
- Repair & Knowledge Centre: We have an excellent in-store repair centre, but also provide excellent restoration service when it comes to difficult repairs
Shipping & Insurance
- Express Shipping Europe: (1-2 days depending on where you are) Free for the Netherlands, 25 Euro for the rest of Europe,
- Standard Shipping Rest of the world: (3-10 working days depending on where you are) 115 Euro for the rest of the world.
- Express Shipping for the Rest of the world: Please ask for a quote!
- All shipping is always Fully Insured!
The Fellowship Of Acoustics, Netherlands
For all the articles, please click on the link below.
I have always been opposed to being trapped into a job eight hours a day to purchase the free time to do what I enjoy. That’s why i started the Fellowship of Acoustics. The fellowship of acoustics was founded by Rudi Bults, Guitarist and obsessed with tone and wood. The idea was offering real expertise when trading and selling the finest instruments in the world from our showroom in Bergentheim, Netherlands. Helping others find the right tools and enjoying an atmosphere that’s unhurried, honest and informative that’s my go. We are nothing like the "supermarket" style music stores, but specialize in string-things only. We are widely known for Flattop guitars but also sell electric, mandolins & banjo’s, amps, parts, and accessories. Our store has earned the reputation for being a great place to shop for the best products and service.
It is our hope that this new website - much more than a list of "gear" for sale - will serve as an example of our commitment to offering a more personal approach, a friendly atmosphere, and an ultimately more satisfying experience for our friends and customers.
If you have any questions just dial +31-523-232205 or e-mail email@example.com My name is Rudi Bults, and I’m always here to help out. Wherever possible, we would recommend that you visit our store and experience our instruments and service first hand. However, because of our high standards you can be confident of ordering online from us. We hope you enjoy your visit to our site, and welcome your feedback.
We do speak English, Dutch and German! Feel free to call in any of these languages and ask your questions! Call 0031-523-232205
WE BUY, SELL, TRADE, DO CONSIGNMENT AND APPRAISALS
We LOVE Guitars, and buy and trade for most stringed instruments. But we also do consignment, make appraisals for insurance or put you on our watch list. Please check the Buying & Trading page for details.
To order online: go to
http://www.tfoa.eu/the_store/And choose your Guitar and purchase through the website.
Available methods of payment# Paypal# Credit Card (MasterCard/Visa/AmEx) only available for European Community and USA.
# Bank-Wire transfer
Call for Online Order+31(0)523-23-2205 our policy:14 day money in return return warranty Shipping cost, and Customs & import return costs -bothways- are buyers responsibility1 year Guarantee on Used Guitars5 years Guarantee on New guitars (or 'limited lifitime' if the Builder guarrantees such)