Oscar Teller / 6/A / 1966 / Guitar For Sale
Oscar Teller 6/A 1966
Another great Teller, The guitar is build by Horst Teller, Oscar tellers sun. A Spanish style typical Teller, in maple build guitar. The top is made of fine spruce and the back and sides of beautiful maple. The maple makes these guitars the most versatile I know. Would that be the reason all bow instruments are made of maple? You can play classical, flamenco, finger picking, boss nova etc, etc. OK if you only play one style and are specialized on it you should buy a handmade Bruunari rosewood classical or a Bruunari cypress flamenco or a Bruunari laminated gypsy. The maple gives a clear bright sound or a very warm sound depending on your style. It is indeed a great instrument. It is fine guitar with deep basses and clear trebles. The basses and trebles are well balanced! She plays easy and respond to how you like her to do. The volume and sustain are very good. If you buy a Bruunari you are willing to pay for sound and playability and you do not mind repairs. It is a mature great sounding expressive guitar now. A must for a versatile guitar player to have, and a joy to play. It is very difficult to find Teller instruments like this and they become rare now. People like to go four rose- and other exotic woods. Wolfgang Teller, Oskar's grandson does not make this guitars anymore. The price is low, for a guitar like this. Just buy it, be touched and surprise your audience!
- Mensuur; (Scale) 65,5 cm
- Woods; top; good book matched German spruce, back and sides; very beautiful book matched maple, neck; mahogany, fretboard; rosewood, bridge; rosewood, Rosette; nice inlays, binding and purfling wood.
- Nut and saddle; bone.
- Fingerboard; 50 - 60 mm.
- Frets;19 nickel.
- Strings; D,Addario EJ46 hard tension.
- Tuners; restored original Ruebner, nickel on brass, good working.
- Distance; from the top of the 12Th fret to the bottom of the strings, 3,5 mm.
Bruunari Guitars Foundation, Netherlands
In october 2011 I will become 65 years but I refuse to retire.
All my knowledge, experience, materials, inventory, stock etc, etc, of "Artistic Lutheri Bruunari",will go into the New Bruunari Guitars Foundation.
I am greatfull to all off you, my worldwide customers, who had confidence in my work. I hope you and many new customers will support this new foundation.
What do I have to offer:
- I repair guitars that are damaged. If you have a guitar that needs repairing, feel free to contact me.
- I build new guitars from scratch. At the moment, I build classical guitars, flamenco guitars and gypsy guitars.
- I buy old guitars which need restoration, restore them, and sell them (see Collection).
My philosophy is:
The sound quality of a guitar is primarily determined by the wood from which it is constructed. Therefore, old (once high quality) guitars have a sound potential incomparable to newly build guitars. Not only because the wood is by definition older, but also because such instruments have been played on for 30 years or more.
For a new Bruunari guitar, the wood used is centuries old and carefully dried for at least 8 years or more. Guitars which I restore are vintage and I believe in maintaining their authenticity as much as possible (unless the client requests otherwise).
Please call me regarding ordering.