Collings / D2HA / 2002 / Natural / Guitar
The square-shouldered 14-fret dreadnought is the most popular steel-string acoustic guitar body shape in the world. While Collings is certainly not the only company to build them, we bring a new tonal clarity to the depth and warmth usually associated with such a large, deep-bodied guitar. Although its bass response makes the dreadnought ideal for vocal accompaniment. Collings versions are also often employed by bluegrass flat pickers who must compete with inherently louder instruments such as banjos and fiddles. The wide range of woods and neck sizes offered allow dreadnought fans to find a Collings model ideally suited to their playing style and tonal preference.
On the back of the guitar the lacquer finish has sunken into the wood pores giving it a somewhat grainy appearance. This in no way affects the playability or tone quality.
"This guitar is a cannon!"
Recently setup with Sant Cruz low tension strings. Near zero play wear.
- Top - Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides - E. Indian rosewood
- Neck - Honduran mahogany
- Body - Binding Ivoroid with herringbone purfling
- Fingerboard - Binding None
- Peghead - Binding None
- Bridge - Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard - Ebony with abalone long diamond & squares
- Bridge - Pins/End Pin Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut - Bone, 1 11/16"
- Saddle - Bone, Drop-in
- Neck - Profile Modified V
- Peghead - ProfileTapered square with volute
- Neck - Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod - Fully adjustable
- Frets - Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead - Veneer Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners - Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip - 2-style (Zipper)
- Rosette iv/tort/iv & b/w purflings
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- Brace Materia - Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern - Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius - 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish - High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish - High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard - Tortoise
- Case - Collings Traditional Handcrafted Case
- 4lbs 11oz
DHR Guitar Experience, USA
Our mission is to offer the highest quality, USA made instruments and accessories to meet all of your playing requirements. We are premiere dealers for Preston Thompson, K-Line, Benedetto, Breedlove, Collings and Hamer guitars, as well as Carr and Henriksen Jazz Amps and a number of accessories.
First call, email, or fax to confirm that the instrument is still available. We conduct all transactions through Bank Transfer of U.S. funds, cashier's checks, or Visa/MC payment.
We ship domestically and internationally via FedEx and UPS. The customer is responsible for all shipping, insuring and any associated bank charges, including any returned merchandise.
Upon receipt, the customer has 3 days to review the instrument. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase, notify us within 72 hours of receipt and we will refund the cost of the merchandise as soon as it is returned to us in the same condition as when shipped.