Collings / SJ / 2009 / Sunburst / Guitar
The SJ is our version of what is commonly called a small Jumbo. Although the 16 inch lower bout is slightly wider than a dreadnought, and the sides almost as deep, the tight curve at the waist creates in a very different sound chamber. SJs, especially examples in maple, typically have a more pronounced midrange response when compared to a dreadnought, making them ideal candidates for a rounded cutaway. Players looking for the bass and overall volume of a large guitar, but with lots of treble clarity and midrange crunch, often find just what they need in the curvaceous SJ.
- Weight: 4lbs 6oz
- Select sitka spruce top
- European maple back and sides
- Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate rosette
- Grained ivoroid top/back/neck/peghead binding
- Black/white wood purfling with modern black/white backstrip
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Flame maple neck
- Double bound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony SJ-style bridge
- Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck profile and 2 3/16" string spacing
- 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- 25 1/2" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl Modern Diamond fretboard & peghead inlay
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Gold Schaller mini-tuners with 1:14 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"-.056")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
DHR Guitar Experience, USA
Our mission is to offer the highest quality, USA made instruments and accessories to meet all of your playing requirements. We are premiere dealers for Preston Thompson, K-Line, Benedetto, Breedlove, Collings and Hamer guitars, as well as Carr and Henriksen Jazz Amps and a number of accessories.
First call, email, or fax to confirm that the instrument is still available. We conduct all transactions through Bank Transfer of U.S. funds, cashier's checks, or Visa/MC payment.
We ship domestically and internationally via FedEx and UPS. The customer is responsible for all shipping, insuring and any associated bank charges, including any returned merchandise.
Upon receipt, the customer has 3 days to review the instrument. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase, notify us within 72 hours of receipt and we will refund the cost of the merchandise as soon as it is returned to us in the same condition as when shipped.