Here is a mint condition very special model. Before the Telecaster® forever changed the world in 1951, Leo Fender built several prototype guitars, testing various concepts that found their way into the final result. The Vintage Custom 1950 Double Esquire is a faithful recreation of one of those early models, the incredibly rare dual-pickup Esquire, which was outfitted with some very cool and compelling appointments that we felt modern players and vintage tone hounds alike would appreciate. It features hand-wound '50-'51 Blackguard pickups offering incredibly fat and juicy tone, coupled with modified '51 Nocaster® wiring and controls. You'll find a blender pot in place of a standard tone control and an additional resistor on the rhythm circuit for sweeter output. The neck features a vintage 7.25"-9.5" compound radius, which we found on some rare examples, giving it a unique feel even among vintage-inspired models. It also features medium vintage frets, which are slightly larger than vintage frets and very comfortable to play.
Other features include a NOS flash-coat lacquer Nocaster Blonde finish, Closet Classic hardware, 2-piece off-center-seam ash body, tinted maple rift-sawn neck with 10/56 "V"-shaped neck profile, 21 medium vintage frets, 3-way switch, black phenolic pickguard, '51-'54 Tele bridge with brass saddles, bone nut, round string tree and vintage-style tuning machines.
The historic precursor to an undisputed legend, the 1950 Double Esquire is a glimpse into the innovations that were pivotal in the development of the Telecaster. Includes a deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
Fender CS Historic 1950 Double Esquire Features:
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: 2-piece Offset Seam Lightweight Ash
- Body Finish: NOS Flash Coat Lacquer
- Color: Nocaster Blonde
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: 10/56 V
- Radius: 7.25 - 9.5 inch compound
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay: Black Dots
- Number of Frets: 21, Medium Vintage 50085
- Scale Length: 25.5 inch
- Nut Width: 1.650 inch
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 3-Saddle Vintage Strings-thru with Brass Saddles
- Tuners: Vintage-style with Fender logo
- Neck Pickup: 50-51 Custom Shop Hand-wound Blackguard Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: 50-51 Custom Shop Hand-wound Blackguard Single-coil
- Controls: 1 x volume, 1 x tone, 3-way blade pickup switch
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, .010-.046
- Case Included: Deluxe Hardshell Case
Please follow rjvguitars on Facebook, Instagram and Youtube for daily updates on new arrivals!