Martin / D-45 Mike Longworth Commemorative Edition / 2005 / Natural Finish / Guitar For Sale
The D-45 Mike Longworth Commemorative Edition was released in 2005, at the January NAMM show, Only 91 were issued, plus 4 prototypes & the edition sold out. This is #63 of the 91 examples in the edition. It’s essentially an Indian D-45 GE or a Vintage model with extras, its East Indian rosewood is wonderfully striped & bookmatched w/an Adirondack top, high X scalloped bracing, and other goodies unique to this model like the Martin script in pearl above the torch, which was a Longworth trademark back when he was converting D-28 models to D-45s in the early to mid-1960s before being hired by Martin. This example is completely original, nothing has been changed but the strings,handsome D-45 from a decade ago, made to commemorate the man who brought this iconic model back from dead in the late 1960s for C. F. Martin, a time when nobody else could have done it. Of course Mike Longworth also wrote the first history of the Martin company. Mike Longworth was a Renaissance man in the truest sense of the word. During his nearly 30 years at Martin, he helped resurrect the legendary D-45, designed the popular D-41, assisted in the return of the herringbone trim with the HD-28 and wrote the first reference book on Martin guitars! A revered member of the C.F. Martin & Co. family, he retired in 1995. This is Martin Guitars stunning tribute to his many contributions – Martin presented the D-45 Mike Longworth Commemorative Edition. As expected she has some huge volume & fabulous tone & was enjoyed by its 1st owner. Its got some play time, a few doinks & a chip here & there, no repairs…no touchup, still overall she’s Excellent & comes complete w/some cool case candy in its original hard case.
There were only 91 of these made w/this long list of options.
- Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- TOP: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- ROSETTE: Style 45
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: D-OMLE Forward Shifted
- TOP BRACES: Solid Adirondack Spruce/ Scalloped 5/16” Golden Era
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood with Sitka Golden Era Braces
- BACK PURFLING: Style 45 Golden Era
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- ENDPIECE: Grained Ivoroid Style 45 Mitered
- ENDPIECE INLAY BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- TOP INLAY STYLE: Abalone Pearl with Black/Maple/Black Fiber Inlays
- SIDE INLAY: Abalone Pearl with Black/Maple/Black Fiber Inlays
- BACK INLAY: Abalone Pearl with Black/Maple/Black Fiber Inlays
- NECK MATERIAL: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- NECK SHAPE: Modified V
- NUT MATERIAL: Fossilized Ivory
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/Long Diamond/Tapered
- HEADPLATE: Solid East Indian Rosewood /CFM Logo in M.O.P.
- HEELCAP: Grained Ivoroid
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4″
- NUMBER OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- NUMBER OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Golden Era Style-45 Snowflakes
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss/ Dark Filler
- FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss/ Vintage Toner
- FINISH NECK: Polished Gloss/ Dark Mahogany Stain/Dark Filler
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: 1930s Style Belly – Long Saddle
- SADDLE: Long Saddle/Fossil Ivory
- TUNING MACHINES: Waverly Gold w/ Butterbean Knobs
- BRIDGE & END PINS: Fossil Ivory w/ Black Pearl Dots
- PICKGUARD: Tortoise Color (D45 Style)
- CASE: 545 Geib Style
Vintage and high quality instruments
Please call ahead for an appointment. Email: email@example.com Phone: 954-646-8819
WELCOME TO OUR GUITAR BROKER SHOP HERE ON VINTAGEANDRARE.
WE SPECIALIZE IN SELLING THE HIGHEST QUALITY VINTAGE GUITARS AT THE MOST REASONABLE PRICES. WE ARE ALSO NOW CATERING TO THE COLLECTOR CAR MARKET & ALWAYS HAVE SEVERAL FABULOUS AUTOMOBILES FOR SALE. PLEASE CHECK OUR NEW WEBSITE OUT OR CHECK OUR "COOL CARS FOR SALE" SECTION FOR OUR CAR SELECTION.
THE GUITAR BROKER IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE HAVE OPENED OUR BRAND NEW FACILITY & WE'RE READY TO SHOW IT OFF. IT IS PACKED WITH ALL THE INVENTORY YOU ARE LOOKING AT ON DISPLAY FOR ALL OUR LOCAL FRIENDS & CUSTOMERS TO VIEW. IT ALSO HAS OUR GREAT SELECTION OF ULTRA RARE CLASSIC & COLLECTIBLE CARS, TONS OF PARAPHERNALIA & OUR PERSONAL GUITAR COLLECTION.
HOPE TO SEE ALL OF YOU, AS WELL AS OUR SNOWBIRDS & YEARLY TOURISTS, FACE TO FACE AGAIN.
Paypal or money bankwire
Normal deliveries go thru UPS. The average charge is $40 - $50 nationally in the USA.
Overseas deliveries vary between $150 - $375 Worldwide for either UPS or the USPS.
All claims needed for repairs or replacement of an instrument or amplifier due to breakage
during shipping are to be handled by the customers,themselves, it is not the responsibility
of The Guitar Broker.
Other Products from Dealer
Related Products from other Dealers