Vintage Sound Amps / Vintage 22sc (Deluxe Reverb Style) / 2019 / Black/Silver / Amp For Sale
The Vintage Sound Vintage 22SC is a true Black Face AB763 designed single channel amp housed in a Princeton Reverb size cab, built with a 12" speaker, and the same Black Face circuitry found in a Black Face Deluxe Reverb style amp, only without the unused Normal channel. They added a Mid range tone pot for better control over your EQ, a Dwell control to the back of the chassis as a second EQ for the Reverb, and a Bright/Dark Switch, so the amp would not be permanently wired in the Bright mode like the original. It also uses the same transformer set as their Vintage 22, (Black Face Deluxe Reverb style) and the same filter cap system.
It's basically a single channel, handwired 65 Deluxe Reverb circuit, only lighter, more portable, and with several notable upgrades.
And to top it off, Vintage Sound has included all the desired improvements people have made to the Deluxe Reverb circuit over the years!
1) One thing you'll notice is the addition of a "MIDDLE" tone control. This, of course, was not on the original Deluxe Reverb. So, why did Vintage Sound decide to add it in? Well, first of all, it absolutely does nothing to hurt the integrity of the circuit or tone. The original Fender circuit actually had a fixed "MIDDLE" that was set permanently at 6.8k. Vintage Sound removed this resistor from the circuit and replaced it with a much more versatile 10k pot. The result is you now have the ability to adjust this frequency range without compromising the original tone. If you want it to sound precisely like a 65 Deluxe Reverb, just turn the pot to around 6-7 and you're there. If you want to scoop the mids a touch, pull back. Warm the tone a bit, turn up.
2) As mentioned above, the original circuit was somewhat bright. Many people used to pull the chassis and clip the bright cap allowing a darker tone from their amp. Others, on the other hand, liked it bright. We've eliminated the hassle by including a "bright cap defeat" switch. Flip it to Bright for the original tone, or flip it to dark to essentially "clip" the bright cap.
3) Also included is a very nifty reverb dwell control which is on the rear of the chassis. Obviously, this too was omitted on the original circuit, but it comes in quite handy for adjusting the amount of decay the reverb has.
4) Another smart alteration is the incorporation of a Diaz based tremolo mod and a newly designed oscillator unique to Vintage Sound Amps. This accomplishes a few things... You'll notice the Vibrato has the ability to be slower than stock Fenders. The vibrato being too fast was always a complaint people had with vintage Fender Deluxe amps (and still do to this day). The other advantage this gives is when you turn the dial all the way down, you switch off the vibrato circuit, bypassing it and leaving you with a cleaner, more pure signal. The result is a slightly more present tone, and a bit of a bump in volume. Furthermore, with the older Deluxe Reverbs, you can hear a "ticking" sound with the vibrato. This is caused by several design flaws in the original circuit allowing the LFO signal to leak into the audio path. These issues have been addressed with a Vintage Sound specifically designed photo-cell tremolo, better routing of the wires, superior components, and filtering of the oscillator output.
5) External Bias Points have been added so as to more easily bias the amp when you swap out tubes. This was previously an upcharge, but starting in 2017 these are now included on the Vintage22sc.
Model: Vintage 22sc
Amplifier Type: Tube
Note: EU version
Circuitry: Black Face AB763
Power Handling: 22 Watts into 8 Ohms
Inputs: One channel; 2 Inputs
RCA Footswitch Jack
Extension Speaker Jack
External Speaker Jack
Controls: Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass. Reverb, Speed, Intensity w/ Dwell control on back of chassis as 2nd EQ for Reverb
Cabinet Material: Solid Pine Cabinet w/ Birch Plywood Baffle & upper and lower back panel
Pilot Light Jewel: Blue (other colors available)
Knobs: See options
Handle: Leather Handle
Tube Driven Spring Reverb
Vibrato w/Diaz Tremolo mod
Rectifier: 5AR4 Rectifier Tube
Power Tubes: (2) 6V6
Preamp Tubes: (3) 12AX7, (2) 12AT7
Custom Padded Cover
Amplifier Depth: 9 1/2″
Amplifier Width: 19 7/8″
Amplifier Height: 17″
Amplifier Weight: 35 lbs.
Hi-Note Music Oy, Finland
- To Finland: Free
- Other EU countries: 80 €
If you are a consumer you have the right to cancel your order in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act by notifying your cancellation to us at the latest 14 days after you have received the goods, or the last lot of the delivery, or if it is a question of regular deliveries of goods at the latest 14 days after you have received the first shipment.
You must make your notification of cancellation clearly for example by using our cancellation notification form, by sending your notification to our e-mail address set out below, or by a written notification attached to your return delivery of the goods.
The right to cancel applies solely to, and the goods returned shall respectively be set in their original package, be unused, and be well packaged for the return delivery.
If you cancel your order you have to return the goods promptly and at the latest within 14 days after the cancellation notification, to the Return Address mentioned in these terms below. If needed you have to evidence that the goods are returned within the above mentioned return time (e.g. by showing the return receipt). You have to pay for the costs of the return of the goods. Such costs will not be returned to you.
When returning the goods, please attach your name, contact information and your adequate bank account number so that we can pay your payment for your order back to you. We will return such payment promptly to you in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act.
Our return address:
Hi-Note Music Oy
Laivurinkatu 11 A 16