Gibson / Gibson - Adam Jones 1979 Les Paul Custom VOS In Antique Silverburst / 2010's / Silverburst / Guitar
Take it from the top
Adam Jones is one of rock's most talented and sonically innovative guitarists, from multi-platinum selling and multiple Grammy Award® winning band Tool. This limited-edition Gibson Custom Shop model recreates Adam's #1 guitar - his prized original Silverburst 1979 Gibson Les Paul™ Custom. Finished in Antique Silverburst VOS, the graphic on the rear of the headstock was designed by Adam Jones, and a replica of his headstock mirror is included in the custom Adam Jones hardshell case. These guitars were hand-made by the expert luthiers and craftspeople of the Gibson Custom Shop as part of a very special run.
As legend has it during a large delivery of these guitars a huge amount of these guitars went ‘missing’ which made what would already be an extremely rare amazing and collectible guitar just that much more rare and collectible. And we have one right here in Dubai in absolutely mint (as-new) condition!
Adam Jones' 1979 Les Paul Custom was made during Gibson’s "Norlin" era. Most guitars produced around this time were notoriously heavy as they were constructed from very dense Mahogany. Gibson has attempted to recreate this using a similarly-solid Mahogany with no weight-relief – qualities that are attributed to Jones’ distinctive sound that combines powerful lows with a tight mid-range. A 3-piece Maple top accentuates the highs to ensure that this guitar effortlessly cuts through in a mix.
- Body Shape: Les Paul
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Top: 3-Piece Maple
- Binding: 7-Ply Top (White and Black), 5-Ply Back and Headstock (White and Black)
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer (VOS)
- Material: 3-Piece Maple
- Profile: Medium C-Shape (Replicated from Original Guitar)
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony with 1-Ply White Binding
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: 18% Nickel Silver Alloy
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Block
- Joint: Hide Glue Fit
- Bridge: Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Stop Bar
- Knobs: Black Speed Knobs
- Tuners: Schaller M6 with Large Buttons
- Plating: Chrome
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker (Reverse-Mounted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custom-Wound Seymour Duncan DDJ
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone; 1 DiMarzio 500k Volume Pot (Bridge), and 3 CTS Pots, .047uF Orange Drop Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings: 10-52
- Case: Custom Silverburst Case with Adam Jones Artwork
- Accessories: Headstock Mirror (in Case), Certificate of Authenticity
Art Of Guitar, United Arab Emirates
Art of Guitar, the largest retailer of Fine, Rare and Vintage guitars is undoubtedly the premier guitar store in the Middle East - boasting an unrivalled collection of rare and vintage guitars, amplifiers, pedals and vintage and modern Guitar Art. Located in the heart of Dubai's Art District, our expert consultants will help you discover your dream guitar in a unique and inviting, specially configured, environment.