MacPherson / "The Rogue" / 2022 / Antique Patina / Guitar
This guitar has an antique/aged theme, all parts have gone through a process of ageing that is permanent and not purely superficial. The body, neck and fretboard are however finished with oil/lacquer and are smooth to the touch – despite the intentional rough appearance, there are no rough, sharp or jagged areas/edges etc.
· Two piece New Guinea walnut body ()
· Flame maple neck which has gone through a torrification process commonly known as “Roasted”
· Birdseye maple fretboard, also roasted.
· 25.5 inch scale length
· 9.5 to 16 inch compound fretboard radius
· The fretboard is bound with the same wood, so no fret tang or fret slot ends are visible
· Mild steel side dot markers, no front markers
· Modern C style neck carve
· 43mm / 1, 11/16 nut width
· 2 piece, 2 way truss rod which is accessible at the heel end of the neck and can be adjusted without removing the neck
· Jescar stainless steel fretwire – medium wide/high
· Gotoh bridge and tailpiece, Gotoh OEM style tuners.
· “JobeTone” PAF spec humbucker with coil split via a push pull volume control
· Schaller straplocks
· Acid etched logo to match the aged appearance of the neck
· Neck and fretboard are finished in a matt polyurethane lacquer
· The body as finished with boiled linseed oil
The price is $2600 CAD which works out to a fraction under $2000 USD
All Rogue models come with an SKB gig bag as standard but we can supply this guitar with an SKB hard shell case for an additional $195CAD/ $150USD
Worldwide shipping via UPS, Fedex or other international carriers can be arranged, the cost would be dependent on your location and the service selected.
MacPherson Guitars. Finely crafted instruments, hand made in the Okanagan valley, Canada. Providing exquisite, premium grade instruments to discerning clients the world over since 1990.
MacPherson Guitars, Canada
MacPherson guitars are now uniquely hand made in British Columbia, Canada, using tried and tested materials and keeping alive the traditional working methods of the "Luthier" All of the work is carried out from one location in the Penticton based workshop, exceptional attention to detail is paid to every instrument ensuring the highest quality, durability and playability of each individual instrument regardless of its price tag
After 20 years as a Pro' Luthier, making custom instruments and making/spraying instruments for many other makers and brands, Dan decided it was time to launch his own range of guitars. So throughout 2010 to 2012, Dan worked on a brand new line of high-end guitars, and during this time launched the first four models, The Nomad, The Outlaw, The Pagan and The Rogue.
Introduced under the new marque of 'MacPherson Guitars' these models underline Dan's reputation for producing optimum, high-quality, hand-made instruments, constructed from the finest available tonewoods. Anyone who owns or has played a Dan MacPherson electric guitar or bass, will already be aware that 'from the ground up' is how Dan still likes to work, using only traditional machinery and hand tools.
I say traditional machinery because that's all you'll find in Dan's sawdust laden workshop, there's not a CNC machine in sight. Some of the machinery in the workshop dates back to just before the classic guitars of the 50s were made – some of the hand tools are even older, so it doesn't get much more traditional than that!
These exquisite guitars are designed and made to meet the demands of just about every kind of guitar player and their playing styles. Or if required, customers can also have any guitar crafted to their own specifications with a true custom service that offers the player unique, bespoke, handmade instruments. Premium appointments include, exquisite book-matched tops, hand wound pickups, high quality hardware and of course...custom finishes.
For terms and conditions plus warranty information, please go to the main site - www.macphersonguitars.com/warranty.html