Macpherson Guitars / The Preacher / Guitar For Sale
"The Preacher" L/H
- Brazilian mahogany body and neck, chambered body with a deep carve flame maple top.
- 25 inch scale length, macasser ebony f/board with 9.5 to 16 inch compound radius. MOP position markers, Jescar Stainless steel fret wire, flame maple bound.
- Medium C profile neck, 13.5 degree headstock pitch, traditional single action truss rod.
- Gotoh hardware, Jobe-Tone HB's with coil split via push pull volume controls.
- Flame maple PU rings, T-rod cover and control cover plates.
- Trans silver burst ( not metallic) /solid black back, sides and neck - high gloss Polyurethane lacquer finish.
- Comes with high end SKB road case.
MacPherson Guitars are hand made in Canada
MacPherson Guitars, Canada
MacPherson guitars are now uniquely hand made in British Columbia, Canada, using tried and tested materials and keeping alive the traditional working methods of the "Luthier" All of the work is carried out from one location in the Penticton based workshop, exceptional attention to detail is paid to every instrument ensuring the highest quality, durability and playability of each individual instrument regardless of its price tag
After 20 years as a Pro' Luthier, making custom instruments and making/spraying instruments for many other makers and brands, Dan decided it was time to launch his own range of guitars. So throughout 2010 to 2012, Dan worked on a brand new line of high-end guitars, and during this time launched the first four models, The Nomad, The Outlaw, The Pagan and The Rogue.
Introduced under the new marque of 'MacPherson Guitars' these models underline Dan's reputation for producing optimum, high-quality, hand-made instruments, constructed from the finest available tonewoods. Anyone who owns or has played a Dan MacPherson electric guitar or bass, will already be aware that 'from the ground up' is how Dan still likes to work, using only traditional machinery and hand tools.
I say traditional machinery because that's all you'll find in Dan's sawdust laden workshop, there's not a CNC machine in sight. Some of the machinery in the workshop dates back to just before the classic guitars of the 50s were made – some of the hand tools are even older, so it doesn't get much more traditional than that!
These exquisite guitars are designed and made to meet the demands of just about every kind of guitar player and their playing styles. Or if required, customers can also have any guitar crafted to their own specifications with a true custom service that offers the player unique, bespoke, handmade instruments. Premium appointments include, exquisite book-matched tops, hand wound pickups, high quality hardware and of course...custom finishes.
For terms and conditions plus warranty information, please go to the main site - www.macphersonguitars.com/warranty.html