At VintageandRare.com, we have been searching the net for other great vintage instrument sites that you could find useful.
Here are some of our online friends in the world of vintage and custom-built instruments:
– Covered Grass was founded by banjo player Volker Fisher in 2006 in the area of Cologne/Germany. The musical roots of most band members does not lie in bluegrass – they’re mostly coming from jazz & pop. So the band performs with an untypical sound and attitude that is intentionally open to other styles and influences and therefore also for a wider audience. Covered Grass is:
Corina Aurin: vocals, mandolin
Ralph Bonfanti: guitar
Joon Laukamp: mandolin, fiddle, vocals
Carsten Manz: bass, vocals
Volker Fisher: banjo, dobro, vocals
– A band from Berlin with its unique sound. Three guys with their instruments, their songs and attitudes. ENRICHMENT is wooden, handmade, native, plain, simple, groovy, forcing. ENRICHMENT is pure rock.
– A seductively spellbinding band exploring the realms of psychedelia, space rock and experimentalism. Visit their website – Floorian.com.
– A Band from Wuppertal in Germany we plays cover songs from Aerosmith to ZZ Top in 100% power quality.
Klezmer Group Shtetl Band Amsterdam
– Dutch Female Fronted Rockband
– Step Echo is a Canadian rock group formed in Niagara Falls, Canada. It consists of four members, Joel Degonia hailing from the great state of Missouri and is the vocal assault you will not forget. The explosive sound of Brian Hamilton on drums, Aki Maris on bass and Les Izmore on guitar the bands sound is summed up with the likes of Nickelback, Theory of a Deadman, Three Days Grace and a hint of Alice in Chains. Step Echo has teamed up with producer Cory Mc Fayden to debut their new CD Jagged. With their video to launch their first single Just As Messed As You, Step Echo has put a lot of hard work and sleepless nights to make it what it is today. They have no plans on stopping as this is just the passage in the grand scheme of things. Watch out!!! Visit Step Echo.
The Alex Yellowlees Band
– Django Reinhart and Stephane Grappelli inspired gypsy jazz music from Scotland’s finest jazz violinist Alex Yellowlees & his electric violin sound.
The Fabulous Shadows
– The UK and Europe’s number one tribute show band. The Fabulous Shadows takes you back to the swinging sixties to a place of love, music and dancing! Visit The Fabulous Shadows.
– Marco Pirroni and Chris Constantinou formed The Wolfmen in 2005. Marco (guitars) enjoyed extraordinary success with ADAM & THE ANTS and later worked with Sinead O’Connor. Chris (bass, lead vocals) previously led JACKIEONASSID and has worked with Adam Ant, Annabella Lwin(Bow-Wow-Wow) and Sinead O’Connor also. Alongside their own work, the band is known for some surprising collaborations with artists ranging from Lou Reed to DALER MEHNDI, the biggest selling artist Indian in music history. They’ve also covered Screaming Jay Hawkins’ “I Put A Spell On You” with PRIMAL SCREAM for an ALEXANDER MCQUEEN catwalk show and co-written a few tracks on Sinead O’Connor’s new album. Visit The Wolfmen.
Three Quarter Stone
– ’Refined garage rock; the energy and balls of AC/DC, crisp and present vocals of Mick Jaggar, with todays big pop/rock production and socially relevant themes.’ Visit this great band’s website, and listen to their music. Go to threequarterstone.com.
Wedding Function Band
Marijke & Michiel Wiesenekker Mandolin & Guitar
-Alan shares all his passions in life on his web site, including cool tutorials about performing and playing guitar, autoharp and dulcimers, with tons of helpful web links for artists.
– The Alan James Project is a well oiled, smooth, energetic, professional machine that you will enjoy watching, listening, laughing and dancing to at any event.
Conductor John Georgiadis
– The personal website of UK based international conductor John Georgiadis.
David van Ooijen
– David van Ooijen – player of lutes, historical guitars and shamisen
– Professional bass player from Düsseldorf, Germany
Downtown Freddy Brown
– Frank Doris is a public relations and marketing communication professional specializing in consumer and pro audio/video, music and technology. He also plays guitar with the Long Island-based band Grand Folk Railroad. Visit Frankdoris.com.
Gary Rue Music
– Music, lyrics, and life stories from the heart. Guitarist, singer and songwriter Gary Rue. Visit his website – Gary Rue Music.
– Noel “Kiko” Gonzalez is a New York City bass guitarist with over 30 years experience in the industry. Visit his website – www.kikogonzalez.com
Little Toby Walker
– Toby Walker is an award winning fingerstyle guitarist specializing in acoustic roots music whose music has been recognized worldwide. Walker also maintains an active touring and teaching schedule, performing in both the United States, the U.K. and Europe.
– Home of the left-handed guitar enthusiast. Visit Marksguitars.com.
Mike James Jazz
– A great website by lifelong drummer Mike James. His website offers a free, downloadable PDF copy of his book ”Drumming For Life™”, various material on music theory, arranging and composing, vintage drum articles and gallery, and a page with 22 previously-unheard live concert recordings of Buddy Rich, all annotated. There is also a podcast, featuring interviews with Cathy Rich (Buddy Rich’s daughter), Bev Getz (Stan Getz’s daughter) and Donny Osborne Jr. (Buddy Rich protege and Mel Torme’s drummer for 25 years). Visit Mike James Jazz.
– Nick is a 24 year old London based guitarist & composer with roots in instrumental guitar, jazz, blues & melodic rock. Composing ‘Jupiter’ in 2003 for Young Guitarist of the Year and ‘Fifteen Below Zero’ for The Riffathon in 2005; Nick performed in the finals of both competitions – the later one being judged by both Brian May and Jimmy Page! Nick was a long-time member of NYRO – during which time he performed live with many guests, including such luminaries as Paul Gilbert and Scott Henderson. As well as being an avid rock-guitarist Nick has also successfully player-managed a big band and fronted his own Jazz Quartet.
In 2009 recording sessions began for ‘As One’; as the culmination of Nick’s compositions to date it contains fifty minutes of intense instrumental rock. Featuring UK drummer extraordinaire Pete Riley and with Phil Hilborne’s amazing production; it’s well worth a listen.
– Peter Noon has been playing music in the New York, Nothern Virginia, and Maryland areas for over 40 years. His guitar playing style is built on a combination of Rock, Jazz, Blues and Funk influences. Pete is currently recording songs for a new album. Visit Pete Noon’s website.
– Voted ‘best world music guitarist’ by the readers of Guitar Player magazine, and described as a ‘true genius’ by Melody Maker amongst others, Pierre Bensusan has been one of the leading composers and innovators of DADGAD guitar music for the past 35 years, taking his unique and beautiful music to all corners of the world. Please visit PierreBensusan.com for all the latest tour information, dadgad tabs, sheet music, CDs, videos and more.
– All about Ry Cooder, his instruments and Slide-gear in general.
– Musician-Guitarist Steev Cris finds inspiration in Blues, Rock, Ethnic and Classical music as well as Jazz. As he continues to explore the sonority of his instruments, he leaves his unique compositions along the way. A student of tradition as well as innovation, he cites Pat Metheny, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Miles Davis, Jim Hall and Ry Cooder among his influences.
SC’s music is for imaginative ears, his compositions reflect his background..influences of jazz, world music and Blues seamlessy weave their way through the pieces without overpowering the listener. Jazz-Rock? World Fusion? Eclectic Electric? Zen Blues? regardless of a niche, everyone does agree that the man serves up a delicious blend of great music.
Tim Robinson Guitar
– The site is mainly dedicated to my love of the guitar style of Django Reinhardt and the entire genre he created, now called Gypsy Jazz or Jazz Manouche.
– Tim Spohn is a session- and livemusician based in Hamburg/Germany. He has recorded and toured as guitarist with a number of european acts and is lately also getting involved in the production side of things.
The Southern Jazz Guitar Society
– The Southern Jazz Guitar Society was formed in the south of the UK several years ago with the objective of fostering the art and craft of jazz guitar. It currently has about 30 members and meets once a month near Southampton, England. These meetings enable members to share information and ideas about playing jazz on the guitar, particpate in workshops and, of course, play together. Once every 3 months a professional jazz guitarist is invited to perform a concert, either solo, or in a duo or trio context, The SJGS also maintains a library of jazz education media and publishes a bi-monthly newsletter. Visit The Southern Jazz Guitar Society.
The Zemaitis Guitar Owners Club
VintageandRare.com – Sell instruments online!